Our Social Prescribing service will support you to improve your health and wellbeing. Social Prescribers will help you to develop personalised and practical solutions to everyday issues.
What is Social Prescribing?
There are times when we all need support to address life’s challenges. Knowing how to access available support locally can make a big difference. Social Prescribing helps you to explore services, groups and activities that can support you to improve your health and emotional wellbeing. Addressing difficult issues needs extra time and support.
Social prescribers can help by:
- Giving you the time to explore and identify what is important for your health and wellbeing and the issues you’d like to address
- Providing support and encouragement to connect to services, groups and activities that can help
- They can speak with you on the phone or meet face-to-face (COVID restrictions allowing). And, they will work with you to create a personalised plan to help you to connect with services in your community.
Areas they can support you to connect with include:
- Healthy lifestyles and active lives
- Arts, music, outdoors and creativity
- Befriending, counselling and other support groups
- Housing, benefits and financial support and advice
- Employment, training and volunteering
- Education and learning
- Getting involved in local groups and activities
- Accessing specialist services and support
Social prescribers are:
- Someone you can talk to confidentially
- Someone who is practical, helpful and who will not judge you
- Someone who can help you decide what you’d like to do to improve your health and wellbeing
- Someone who can find you support and activities that will suit you
- Someone who can give you support along the way
Am I Eligible?
The service is available to people living in Rural Rother PCN area, aged 16 and over, who are experiencing issues affecting their physical or mental health and wellbeing.
How do I access the Service?
You can find out more about Social Prescribing by watching this video:
If you would like more information about the service or how to access it in the future please get in touch.